Welcome to the Cape Coast Castle Museum!
Cape Coast Castle is the largest of the castles, beside Elmina Castle, build by European powers in today Ghana. Known as Gold Coast.
- Address of the Cape Coast Castle Museum:
- Victoria Road
P.O. Box 281
- Victoria Road
- Telephone: 233-4232701/ 4232529
- Type of Museum: Ethnography and Archeological Museum
- Status: Regional Museum
- Year established: 1974
- Governing Body: National Commission on Culture / Ghana Museums and Monuments Board.
- Collections: Ethnography, archeology, photographic materials and architectural history. The building is designated World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Publications: Catalogue and press cuttings
- Facilities: Library, guided tours, book store, gift shops
- Opening Hours: 0900 -1700 Hours Daily except Mondays.
- Admission fees: Free, with permission
- Chief Officer: The Regional Director Ghana Museums and Monuments Board
Below are 10 related recommendations:
- Ghana-Net.com - Your Ghana tourism and info portal. Country. People. News.
- Kakum National Park - Ghana`s most visited National Park!
- Fort Ussher & Museum - Very interesting fort. Used first as a trading fort, later als Slave Trading Fort, and till the end of 1990, as a prison, after which it was used as a refugee camp. Now, partly a museum. Located in Accra / Ussher town, near James Fort (also a museum since 2010).
- Fort Augustaborg, Fort Teshie (Accra), Teshie-Nungua, located directly at the sea site
- Aburi Botanic Gardens - The first and oldest botanic garden, located in Aburi, near Accra.
- Elmina Castle (Elmina) - The oldest of all European outposts, used as Slave Trading castle. Near Cape Coast.
- Fort Batenstein (Butre), interesting Dutch build fort, near Busia and beach, great views
- Kumasi Fort (Armed Forces Museum), Kumasi, Ashanti region of Ghana
- Ghana Hotels and Guesthouses - All regions of Ghana
- Ghana Flights Info - All Airport and Flight Information's for Ghana